Wednesday 11 July 2012

Feathering her nest ...

Pleating this doily saved the day when making this skirt and apron.
I wasn't happy (before the pleat) and really should not keep too much of a plan in my head before making something. 


Tea cup earrings and a double string of pearls.


For the Gleaners Inc exhibition entitled
I ended up using some fringing to make a feather duster,
for a little 'feathering of a nest'!



This is Hilda with some pin curls and a head scarf that will not fall off.
(as its hand sewn to her head) There is a lot of hand sewing on this doll,
so she is probably not for younger children!


Setting the scene in sepia.
(she's thinking she needs some ducks on the wall)


A bit more colour.
(She is dusting the little radio I listen to as I sew).


And in full technicolour here.

Hilda and her feather duster will be available at Gleaners Inc in Melbourne.
The 'Feather Your Nest' exhibition is on from
August 3rd - 31st
2 Ballarat Street
Brunswick
Melbourne

15 comments:

Selina said...

This literally just took my breath away!! She is AMAZING! And that duster, you are killing me!!!!!!!

Leonie said...

absolutely SPECTACULAR!
Wow Jennie, she is amazing!!! The photos are just incredible.

bec said...

Wow, so gorgeous! And a great interpretation on the theme, all I thought of was boring bird feathers!

Kirsty said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Jennie. x

Paravent said...

Oh wow! Hilda is FANtastic Jennie! I love her and I LOVE that she's wearing such cool specs too :)) Your work is just getting better and better. Kx

teddybearswednesday said...

Hilda is completely wonderful xo

cristina said...

è semplicemente stupenda !!
ciaoooooo <3

CHD said...

Fantastic. I love everything about her, especially the apron and hair. She is great. Your doll are always beautiful. Cx

mel @ loved handmade said...

She's divine!!!

Kate said...

Brilliant Jennie!!!!!!
You and her.
I really cannot close this page. I've been scrolling up and down for ages. xx

Michelle Walker said...

She is lovely!! I adore the pin curls...
Mxo

The Moerks said...

Hilda is gorgeous, how clever.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Hilda is a stunner! Love all of her!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Oh my god!!! She is amazing!!! Well done Jennie!!!

Bernadette Fox said...

Just came across your blog through craftzine.com. Your painted doll was an instant hit with me. Beautiful job and gorgeous photo shoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...