Sunday, November 6, 2011

Op Shop Finds (of the year...so far!)

with a couple of my favourite finds.
I found this silver/white fabric a few months ago,
I look at it often - waiting for when I'm ready to cut into it!
Its quite heavy and looks even better in the flesh (or thread)!

This piece of vintage fabric that I made into a cushion last week -
I was so excited to use it at last.
 I must have had it for at least 3 or 4 months 
before getting  the guts to sew it up!

BUT the best find for me was this Sara Moon print.
I blogged about it here - and its been the most looked at post 
I've ever done. There must still be alot of Sara Moon fans out there - yay!!

Pop over to Sophie's to see all the other finds
 of the year which you can vote on!x

11 comments:

Kylie said...

I love the cushion you made from that amazing piece of fabric, you've inspired me to do the same with a vintage curtain I've been wondering what to do with. I can't wait to see what you come up with for that absolutely beautiful white/silver fabric. What a find!
I have just just given a Sara Moon mirror to one of my daughter's friends, she loved it.

Jem said...

The silver and white fabric is beautiful - incredibly detailed! I'd be very frightened of cutting it but judging by the cushion you've whipped up you're already a dab hand and have no need to fear :-)

Jem xXx

Marty said...

I've never heard of Sara Moon, but the print is lovely. I love the pillow! That's gorgeous. Had to check out your shop and added it to my favorites! :)

MissMollyCoddle said...

Love the cushion, the trim looks awesome!

Helen and her Daughters said...

The Sara Moon Print is gorgeous!

twentysixtimestwo said...

Hi There, I remember Sara Moon, the print is lovely, and loving the cushion as well.. Miss your inspiration. Beautiful work!!

shine little light* said...

Ohhh that cushion is gorgeous! Nice work! Thanks for visitng *s*

Zara said...

The cushion you made looks amazing. I need to sew up some cushions now, with yours as inspiration. x

Polka Dot Daze said...

Just looking at that white and silver fabric and thinking how beautiful some Christmas stockings would be made out of it.

Jenifir said...

Beautiful silver and white fabric -I am a sucker for textiles -and fabulous cushion! I recognize the artist's style but did not have a name -thanks.

zigsma said...

Just love what you did with the fabric - the tassels! You certainly did it justice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...