Sunday 12 June 2011

Hottie Challenge

Yes! I've finished my hottie for Cam's Hottie Challenge!
This one is not a functioning cover, because of the threads hanging off and some of the flowers are a bit 3D - sewn seperately and then partly sewn on to the hottie.

Can you spot the couple of threads that are just hanging - as part of her hair?



I've tried to follow the shape of the hottie, with the curves at the bottom

and the flower at the top.

The first time I've coloured in the eyes and lips with thread!
A delicate operation for sure.

The hotties will be exhibited/for sale at the
 Open Drawer Art, Textiles & Learning Centre
1158 Toorak Road, Camberwell
Melbourne

July 1st - July 24th.

Proceeds will go to the Margaret Pratt Foundation
(research for heart and lung transplants).

*take some photos for us Cam - will be great to see all the hotties together!!x

15 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Wow - Jennie I'm flabbergasted. It's beautiful.... all my favourite colours, thread sketching, gorgeous!
This one might have to come and live at my place too.

Vic said...

*is gobsmacked*

bec said...

Gorgeous!

Selina said...

Absolutely stunning Jennie! Love the text too, just perfect.

Cathie said...

oh. my.goodness!!! are you amazing or what!!
i absolutely LOVE it ♥

Chantal said...

Stunning work Jennie. You've done a brilliant job. I'm so glad to read this will be exhibited, it so deserves to be!

kit and nancy. said...

i love that flower thread detail! amazing!

Amy said...

Oh wow! It is gorgeous... stunning... AMAZING!

I love it.

Jackie said...

Very creative and beautiful. I love the choice of colors. Well Done.

teddybearswednesday said...

It's official, you are a freak! ( and by that I mean the highest complement ever) xo

Little Cooties said...

WOW!!! amazing work, amazing talent!!!!!! Love it!

Leah said...

Un freaking believable! Love, love ,love your work!

Jessi said...

THAT is a piece of art work! I am glad it isn't functioning, it is far too beautiful! x

fuzziteddybear said...

Jennie, this is totally AWESOME and SUPERB!!! What a stunning piece of art and craft :)

Sarah said...

woohoo Jennnie, this is so so beautiful. My favourite hottie of the lot! I just sent mine over to Oz, hope it gets there in time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...