Wednesday 21 September 2011

My Creative Space - popcorn lampshade

My Creative Space looked like this at the beginning of the week.
(bit of a mess out of shot for sure)

I'm always looking out for wood lampshade bases at charity shops.
I got this one ages ago in New Zealand.
 Its been sat in a box for far too long.

So at 3am the other morning(during another bout of insomnia)
 I stitched the granny squares together and had a go at the popcorn stitch.
I got the hang of it - but it is much more difficult when you
 do one line of them ontop of another!
Anyway - so this is granny squares, a row of treble,
two rows of popcorn stitch and then two more rows of treble stitch.

I've stitched it together at the back,
 so it can be easily changed when the big girl gets sick of it!
I think it would look good completely covered with popcorn stitch now ...

More creative spaces here.x

13 comments:

Leonie said...

oh its GORGEOUS!!!
I have recently acquired a lamp base from an op shop and have to figure out what to do with it....

CurlyPops said...

Wow jennie - that is so cool! I have a lampshade kit on order. Can't wait til it arrives.

Rie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! It looks... FaNtAsTiC !!!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Walker said...

That looks great!!!
Let me know when your settled enough to order my Christmas dolls and i get right on it.
Mxo

Chantal said...

Adorable Jennie! That's so sweet! Fantastic idea.

teddybearswednesday said...

OH. MY. GOD. I LOOOVE it, totally inspired!!!! xo

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

I LOVE it, gorgeous! The wooden lampshade base is so beautiful too, glad you have given it a new home and a new lease on life :)

Angel.Pearls said...

Very nice!
Wish you a great day
Eva

Jessi said...

can you share your creative spirit? ... i need some :)

Katie said...

Wow - love it!

gretbert said...

So awesome :)

yardage girl said...

Wow - love this idea - pinning to Pinterest now!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...