Monday 12 December 2011

Mini Granny Cuff

These look like grannyish jellyfish multiplying!

So these granny squares are
made from embroidery thread with a 3mm hook.
They measure about 1 1/2 inches square.

After stitching them together, and only one coat of fabric stiffener -
they were firm but still had movement.
 (thought I'd have to add more than that!)

Added a couple of snap fasteners.

Just as well it was only one coat of fabric stiffener - otherwise it
 would have been a nightmare to sew through!

And its a mini granny square cuff for my crochet girl for Xmas!
(So hard to photograph this).

I found an arm to model it, the only thing is - she wants one now as well!
 You can just see the snap fasteners holding it together in this shot.
I've still got one granny left, that can be made into a brooch too - yay!xx

****

PS. I haven't shown you what my crochet girl (Miss 10)
made for her teachers birthday last week:

It wasn't small - about the size of the palm of your hand.
I hope she makes some really big ones sometime!x

7 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Jenni, love the cuff, what a great idea! and a sweet teacher gift too. Hope you are enjoying the festive season!

mel @ loved handmade said...

Your cuff is just gorgeous, and I LOVE everything about that the brooch..such a clever girl you have!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, that cuff is just perfect!!
I adore it.
And as for your clever daughter...she is a star.
What an ace team. xx

Leonie said...

Love the crochet cuff!! too adorable!
and your daughter -eek she's amazing!!!

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Jennie, so gorgeous and perfect. ANd clever too.
And what about you clever little big one?!! She's sure got it, for sure!!
( just like you)
xo

Michelle Walker said...

I want to make one!!! In fact i think i will!!
Mxo

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

WOW, your crochet girl can really crochet!
Love your wristlets too, so, so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...